CategoriesCity & Guilds Courses
The main purpose of these qualifications is for learners who need to develop the English skills at a level necessary to function and progress in life, work or in society in general. For many this will also support progression towards a GCSE English or a Level 2 Functional Skills English learning programme.
To achieve the Level 2 Award in the Principles of Using Written and Spoken English, learners must achieve 10 credits from the mandatory unit.
– R/504/5558 – Unit 201 – Principles of sing written and spoken English (10 Credits)
Initial assessment and induction
An initial assessment of each candidate should be made before the start of their programme to identify:
– if the candidate has any specific training needs
– support and guidance they may need when working towards their qualifications
– any units they have already completed, or credit they have accumulated which is relevant to the qualifications
– the appropriate type and level of qualification.
The qualifications allow learners to progress
– from Entry 3 to Level 1 to Level 2 within this suite
– to 3847 English Skills qualifications
– to a City & Guilds vocational qualification
– to an Apprenticeship programme
– to employment
– towards a GCSE in English
– towards a Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in English