CategoriesCity & Guilds Courses
The main purpose of these qualifications is for learners who need to develop the English skills at a level necessary to function and progress in life, work or in society in general. For many this will also support progression towards a GCSE English or a Level 2 Functional Skills English learning programme.
To achieve the Entry Level Award in the Principles of Using Written and Spoken English (Entry 3), learners must achieve 10 credits from the mandatory unit.
– T/505/5760 – Unit 001 – Principles of using written and spoken English (10 Credits)
To achieve the Level 1 Award in the Principles of Using Written and Spoken English, learners must achieve 10 credits from the mandatory unit.
– R/504/5589 Unit 101 Principles of using written and spoken English (10 Credits)
Initial assessment and induction
An initial assessment of each candidate should be made before the start of their programme to identify:
– if the candidate has any specific training needs
– support and guidance they may need when working towards their qualifications
– any units they have already completed, or credit they have accumulated which is relevant to the qualifications
– the appropriate type and level of qualification.
The qualifications allow learners to progress
– from Entry 3 to Level 1 to Level 2 within this suite
– to 3847 English Skills qualifications
– to a City & Guilds vocational qualification
– to an Apprenticeship programme
– to employment
– towards a GCSE in English
– towards a Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in English