CategoriesHigher Education (EUB)
Aims of Programme
The HE Foundation Programme award has the following general educational aims:
– prepare students with relevant subject knowledge for entry into their chosen undergraduate programme
– develop language, communication, reading, problem-solving and other transferable skills that will be valuable to them in their undergraduate studies and beyond
– provide students with key skills in mathematics and information technology
– develop general skills of study that will enable students to become independent, lifelong learners
– enable students to approach problems in academic study and writing and appropriate skills to select and apply appropriate methods to solve them
– encourage students to appreciate ethical and social standards and apply them
– expose students to a range of study techniques including the use of ICT in learning
– develop students’ understanding of the importance of critical review as an essential learning and communication tool
What is distinctive about this programme?
European University is a long established and well regarded University which offers both undergraduate and post-graduate awards. The partnership with the British Institute of Technology, England offers an opportunity for students who wish to be associated with European University in London. You will be taught by a team of experienced professionals including expert practitioner and research active staff. An
excellent support team to guide you throughout your studies.
London is the capital for multi-national companies providing opportunities for new graduates. Successful students can seek employment beyond borders through the guidance and support of the British Institute of Technology, England and its business network.
The European Graduate
The British Institute of Technology, England supports its student to achieve the European Graduate Charter this represents a set of qualities that the University passionately believes is necessary for success in the 21st century. The European Graduate is a reflective and critical learner with a global perspective, prepared to contribute in the world of work. The following statement shows how the business awards address the European Graduate qualities.
– Across all levels and all modules, we aim to provide you with discipline expertise. We instil a critical knowledge of the discipline that is underpinned by the experience and research of the academic staff and which strives to reflect the key issues that affect the world in which we live.
– We aim to equip you to enter the world of work as an enterprising and entrepreneurialindividual. We develop your written and verbal communication skills in a variety of ways to enhance your skills and confidence. Many modules include a large element of evidence based
problem solving. By studying these modules, you will become innovative in how you think and conduct your work, and creative in seeking solutions based on your knowledge and skills. Employers value independence of thought and a creative ability to find solutions
– Studying on an undergraduate Law award will enable you to take ownership of your learning – whether individually or with your fellow students – and encourages independence of thought and problem-solving across a spectrum of activities.
– These are essential attributes of the critical, reflective and life-long learners that European graduates are expected to become. Throughout your degree, you will be encouraged to develop your understanding through critical reflection; to question different views and perspectives and to use both generic and specialist skills to recognize and resolve problems.
What will this programme teach me to do? At the end of your studies you should be able to:
Knowledge & Understanding
Level 3: Demonstrate basic concepts and principles within their main subjects of study and their application to simple problems in business, technology or science.
Level 3: Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills to clarify tasks and communicate outcomes
Level 3: Identify and analyse business problems in a range of contexts using appropriate concepts and frameworks
Level 3: Interpret and analyse different types of information, presenting results in an organised manner
Level 3: Use terminology accurately and confidently
Level 3: Use information technology to analyse, present and communicate information effectively.
Level 3: Apply knowledge of business organisation in other areas of study
Level 3: Use the English language effectively in speaking, comprehension and communication, and in presenting academic work,
Final Awards, UCAS Codes and Mode of Study:
– HE Foundation Programme (1 years . Full-time day delivery at London) UCAS/NA
– HE Foundation Programme (2 years. Part-time day delivery at London ) UCAS/NA
– HE Foundation Programme (2 years. Offsite Block Teaching with Blended Learning) UCAS/NA
Intermediate Awards: None
FHEQ Level 3, UCAS Codes: N/A, JACS Code: N/A, QAA Subject Benchmarks: None, Professional/Statutory Body: N/A
Entry Requirements (including IELTS score)
The minimum entry requirements for the award will be GCSE grade C or equivalent in English, Mathematics or Science or Business.
A minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent is required where applicable.
What qualifications would I need to join this programme?
Candidates for admission should hold ONE of the following:
– Grade C in 2 relevant subjects at GCSE or equivalent
– An international qualification of equivalent standing
Applications from mature students with previous work experience are welcomed.
All applicants should hold GCSE grade ‘C’ or above in English and Mathematics, or equivalent.
Applicants whose first language is not English should hold IELTS Grade 5.5 or equivalent.
Candidates will be interviewed where this is possible. In the case of overseas students, offers may be made on references, reports from agents and other available information.